This Magic Moment


          Who knew The Sandlot could be such a romantic movie. On my way home from work today I heard Nicki Minaj's Moment 4 Life, and I thought it was a sign to write about a moment in time since that song played last night as I was getting ready for bed too. So I go to type in Moment 4 Life to see what good lyrics I could find, and instead I come across a classic! This Magic Moment! If you've never seen The Sandlot (original), you're missing out, and probably won't understand this post beyond this sentence. When I saw that song pop up, all I could picture was Squints grabbing Wendy Peffercorn by the head smacking on a giant sloppy kiss after pretending to drown just to get her to save him using CPR. Watching the movie, you can see how much he adores her, even though she's only talked about for a little bit. The accomplishment Squints felt after getting kicked out of the public pool was pretty much how I feel every time I walk away from Marc. It's like a, "Yeah, that's all me" kind of feeling. There's no greater feeling than knowing you've done something you've wanted to do, or to be with someone you have wanted to be with for a good chunk of your life. You know how as he's walking away he looks into the pool area with sadness from being kicked out until Wendy looks up, raising an eyebrow to Squints with that, "Yeah I was okay with the fake kiss, I just had to play it off" kind of look? If I can think back to a time when I feel Marc gave me that same sign, it was probably when I came to IUP as a senior and had been invited out to hang with him and a few friends as I was stuck in a hotel room with my future roommate and mom (no shade hahaha). But knowing Marc was still inviting me made me feel like I just had to go for it. In my head, if he didn't want anything to do with me, I would not have received a call from him that night asking why I wasn't coming out. The funny thing is, remember at the end of the movie when Scotty fills you in on where everyone is today? If not, here's a reminder. Squints and Wendy ended up getting married and I think had like 9 kids. Crazy, I know. But the effort Squints put in was all worth it, because that one magic moment turned into a lifetime of magic moments. Moments I know I will have with Marc.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. You're killing me Smalls!! I love you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago