The Relationship Renaissance



You would think deciding to talk to someone as a potential significant other would be simple. I like you, you like me, we're together. At least that's how it was when we were younger in high school. But I remember our "first date", years later and it was a whole different ball game than before. Instead of casually talking and just deciding to be together, we had to first have a discussion about talking at all. (There's that theme again, Marc needs a plan, Becca says lets just go for it) I was nervous and hopeful at the same time. This was, after all, the second time I would go after Marc first (I'm not pushy guys, I swear, I just know what I want) But that day he picked me up from my job and we went to eat dinner. Already I was off to a bad start because I had Bells Palsy at the time and I couldn't eat without drooling or having food fly out of my mouth, oh and when I smiled my face turned crooked. Yeah, rough start, but I was determined. I wasn't going to let this face thing ruin my first date. So instead, the entire date I covered my mouth with my hand as I ate, and did the same any time Marc made me giggle. I ended up not eating the majority of my food due to embarrassment, but the date went well overall. After that date, you can believe there were many to come. Fancy to fast food, we've eaten it all. I know this is your specialty babe, so I will never turn down food from my restaurant connoisseur. People probably think all we do is eat, but breakfast, lunch, and dinner are never just that. We can sit at a restaurant and just talk for hours, while it takes us no longer than a half an hour to be completely done with eating. And we did plenty of this in our early stages. Many nights we'd go to Applebees just for our little couples dessert, and talk until close to closing time. I'd like to believe these dates were the great foundation of our relationship, and I look forward to the many dinner dates ahead.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Wanna go on a date?  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago