Flaws & All

We can all identify at least one thing we know we need to work on in order to better ourselves and the relationships that surround us. We either continue those bad habits or make the change. Like I said before, 21 years is a lot of time to form a bad habit. I won't say what exactly, but we'll call it "chuck". Chucking has been something that has become so normal for me over the years, it comes naturally, whether I actually want to chuck or not. And sometimes habits aren't so bad when they don't affect others, but when they do, you know it's a real issue. The problem in my situation is, I had no idea how bad chucking had been affecting my life until Marc was able to point it out for me. The great thing about this, was that he didn't chose to walk away, but instead wanted to work with me, and to fix this horrible chucking issue. He knew it would come at a cost of his own, and he still stayed. Any other person would have looked at the issue, and would have walked away saying that it wasn't their problem. But when you're in a relationship, your partners problem is exactly your problem. Choosing to live a life with them means the issues that one might have are something that you both need to work on. It's a lot easier said than done to fix a bad habit. After all habits can be hard to break, especially when they make things "easier". Realizing what caused me to chuck was definitely the second step after realizing I had an issue in the first place. Third step now, to actually change it. I've had some setbacks, and have chucked in attempt to make things easier and have once again realized why the bad habit must go. It's easy to think, if you love someone so much, just change and get things right. It just isn't that easy, and Marc knew it wouldn't be easy. The effort that he puts in for me, is the beauty in our relationship. He doesn't just work to make himself better, but focuses on how we can become better as a couple. That's one of the many things I love about him.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Start to think of what your "chuck" is, and how you can begin to work on yourself. You'll feel great once you beat that bad habit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago