Our Thanksgiving

What a day! Bet you guys thought I forgot. A monkey wrench may have been thrown into our plans, but we took today on like some champs. First we start out with me racing home from Indiana at 5am to begin our day, and I could not have been happier to walk in and be able to wake you up. Even if you were a bit grumpy at first :* But then we finally decided how to take on our adventures. You always give to others  around Thanksgiving, and I've told you many times how eager I was to give by your side. Today, we finally got our chance. Preparing lunches to give out downtown to many people who were unable to feast the way many Americans were today, and seeing the looks on their faces as you gave them the lunch bags could not have made my day any better. When I say our Thanksgiving was abnormal, I'm not kidding. We spent half of our day in the hospital, but we made the best of it. Visiting Cathy and my grandpa would have been difficult without you by my side. But I must say the best part of my day was having you sit next to me while my grandpa decided to give us a little relationship intell. You know very well by now that I have always aspired to have a relationship like my grandparents. And although we found out what he told us wasn't completely true by my dad, it was still a great motivation for us, as my grandpa sat there reminding us that this coming year my grandparents will be married for 60 years. He told us that my grandma and him never argued, and that it is one of the great things about their relationship. Of course it was hard to believe, but to see how emotional my grandpa got let me know we were making the right decision. To see your face right next to me as he said that with tears in his eyes (and mine), I couldn't be more excited. Since Thanksgiving was different this year, I'd like to keep one tradition going, and that is to say one thing we are thankful for, and to have a prayer over our lives. It may only be four of us following tradition this year, but it still feels like home. (We certainly did not lack in tears) Now for my unconventional prayer.

Heavenly father,

Thank you for today, and thank you for allowing us to be healthy on a day like today. A day where we can be thankful for our family and the lives we live. I pray for Marc, my mom, my dad, Sara, my brother Ricky, my grandparents <3, all of my aunts/uncles/cousins, Lina, Robert, Robert, and Robert, MamiLydia, all of Marc's aunts/sisters and family. I pray for all of the individuals who were not able to spend the day with their families, those who may have been left out or ostracized from society, those who were unable to eat and nourish their bodies today. I pray for the health of any and everyone, and am thankful for allowing me to live the life I do. I have never been so thankful for the ability to be thankful. At this point in time, I am thankful for the love and care we are able to give each other as a family. I pray that Marc feels at home with my family and that we are able to continue our time together, hopefully 60+ years. I pray for the safety of everyone and their travels tonight, and that they return home to the people they love, and the people that love them.

In Jesus name,
Amen

With love always,
Becca

P.s. You ready for 70+ years?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago