First Boyfriend!

My dear love, I am throwing us back into high school days (Yikes). For anyone who doesn't know, before Marc, the word boyfriend did not exist. But as I told you one of the first few days this blog started, there was something about Marc that brought me close to him. So think about the first boyfriend or girlfriend you ever had. I bet you were super excited, nervous, and full of puppy love. Believe me, I lacked none of that. I'd like to believe Marc and I are just good judges of character instead of thinking we were stupid for becoming boyfriend and girlfriend after 3 days of him knowing who I was and a movie date (hahaha, oh this is hilarious). But yeah, three days was all it took for me to know I wanted him, and yes I asked him to be my boyfriend. Once you understand why I had to do it, you know it was worth it, cause there's only one girl with a ring on her finger today <3 Although we didn't remain boyfriend and girlfriend all the way until this year, we definitely remained friends. And you know what they say, if you stay friends with your ex you either were never in love, or they're the one. We'll stick with the, they're the one part. But back to the story of him becoming my boyfriend. Back then, any time I even brought up the word boyfriend, my parents instead liked to say "special friend". There was no such thing as boyfriend for their young 14-year-old daughter. So I thought for about a month how to introduce Marc to them without never being able to see him again. Church, perfect! So I invited Marc to youth Wednesday, where my dad drove and picked us up from. I tried getting the words out to my dad that Marc was my boyfriend on the way there but I was too scared. Driving Marc home, I knew I had very little time, so I got to it right away. Crazy thing is, I remember my exact words (yeah, I was scared). "Pa, I kinda did what you said not to do, but Marc is my boyfriend" Ohhh the silence. Which lasted for two seconds before my dad went on a rant about how his princess needed a man who 1. Believed, 2. Had a degree, and 3. a J-O-B. All from a 15-year-old boy. Clearly at the time Marc could only fill one of those requirements, but no worries, we made it to that point. It wasn't more than 2 months later after Marc fulfilled those two last requirements when he proposed. <3

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Not only are you my sunshine, but you will always be my porkchop <3 (Don't you love the names we come up with when we're young <3) I love you babe (Cause I can say that now, babe) And yes, you truly loved me, because clearly, I was NOT CUTE, and this picture was only 4 years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago