The Apology


It's easy for us to all say how perfect we are in a relationship, and yet super difficult to show our vulnerabilities. Why is it so easy to say I love you in public, and so hard to say I'm sorry in public? We know we mess up and say things we shouldn't, but we let that slide because we choose to have everyone think nothing is wrong. What about all the times you can't sleep because you're awake angry or upset with your significant other? Or those days you don't talk, letting moments pass by when all you want to say is I love you, but can't because your pride is too high and you don't want to break down first. Or the days when you say something you shouldn't, and now you can't take it back? How do you apologize for those mess ups? It's difficult. Yeah, sometimes you think, I just need a break, and sometimes that helps. A couple hours apart, to get your mind right and out of your angry thoughts can be helpful. But if you're taking that time to just confirm to yourself and run through your head how right you were in the situation you'll never grow. How soon after realizing you messed up do you apologize? I can tell you right now, even when I know right away I messed up, it's beyond difficult to do it right away. I tend to wait until I calm down, so I know it's sincere. That time that I wait might not be the best thing for Marc. Because in his mind, he could be thinking that I just am continuing to think I'm right, even when I feel so horribly wrong. So it's things like this, that need to be communicated. If the time passing by is making things worse, I'll get over my fears and apologize right away. If the breaks of not talking are bad, let's talk everyday all day. And if I ever say something that makes you feel less than, or uncomfortable, call me out, because you never deserve that. These situations are all so hard to deal with, but they come with life, and we can either let them take over and rule us, or fight through them together making us that much stronger. There's nothing I want more, than for our trust with each other to grow.

a·pol·o·gy
əˈpäləjē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure.
    "we owe you an apology"
    synonyms:expression of regret, one's regrets
    "I owe you an apology"



trust
trəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
    "relations have to be built on trust"
    synonyms:confidencebelieffaithcertaintyassuranceconvictioncredence
    "good relationships are built on trust"

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Double Definition! I am sorry for anytime I have hurt you, or made you upset. Firing back when I get mad is never an excuse to hurt the person you love. I love you so much <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago