Our Other Half- Fam Jam Part 2

I don't know how I didn't realize this sooner, and I feel like a butt for it. I've talked so much about my family and how much they love Marc and have taken him in like their own, and I haven't even mentioned how amazing his family has been to me. Meeting a significant other's family is always a scary thing, now try adding a language barrier in between while you're trying extra hard not to look like a complete imbecile to your hopefully soon-to-be family. Seeing his family waiting for us as we were getting out of the car could not have been any more pleasing. With smiles on their faces and warm greeting arms wide open, I knew I could relax a little for the moment. It wasn't long before I felt like part of the family. Literally, he proposed the next day haha. But at first I was nervous to not have Marc by my side 24/7 because things are always easier when he's around, but I made it a challenge for myself not to do that. And I am beyond happy I did. Every morning eating breakfast with his family made me feel just at home, as if I were with my own family, minus the Spanish talk (But hey, my Spanish definitely improved that week! So thank you!) The entire experience having his family around, and us all becoming one could not have gone any better. I feel like I have new aunts, uncles, cousins, an amazing grandmother (seriously an angel), a really chill cool brother-in-law, and a super protective fierce mother-in-law. And when I mention family, that does not only include the family who I met on vacation. I could not go a moment without mentioning how amazing his aunt's family in Philly are, and thank his dad a million times over for the trip to even be possible <3 It was so awesome to see what kind of people the love of my life came from, and I should have expected it. All the things his family had shown me in the one week, were all the things I love about Marc.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Thank you for welcoming me in to your family <3

Todos ustedes son gente increíble, y no puedo esperar a que todos se unen para las fiestas.

I probably messed that all up (thanks Google translator) but I can't wait for the holidays!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago