If You Can't Take the Heat...

They say (my mom and Titilela) well functioning relationships start in the kitchen. Well, that is not our case. When we explain how our kitchen looks when food is being prepared it pretty much goes like this... I cook everything, and Marc micromanages looking over everything I do (it's okay babe, I think it's funny haha... now at least). But let's say those functioning relationships aren't about the cooking necessarily, but the communication in such a small given area? I would agree to that, because every time "we" cook, we talk the whole time. Even if it's me asking him to get out of my way for a second, we're still communicating. We can have fun in the kitchen making anything. Whether its waffles with cream cheese and syrup, pork chops with rice and beans (our fave), or a simple but awesome ice cream sundae. Who doesn't love creating something with the person they love? There have been plenty of nights where I wing our dinner and try to make something new, and believe me when I say I'm winging it. Marc and I have come up with this system. He's eaten my horrible cooking in the past and never said a word, but I can tell when I jack up a meal (sometimes). So our system is so he can tell me when the cooking isn't the best without straight up saying, "Babe this stuff is nasty". Instead he says, "Babe it's kind of 7". Yupp, the food being bad means its 7, a number. When has anyone ever told you something is so 2 and it hurt your feelings? Never. We've had plenty of 7's over the years, and thank God I'm becoming a better cook than I was, because the beginning was rough. Literally, lot's of hard rice. But we made it through all the 7's and are now eating the good stuff (with an occasional 7), but you always try my food, even when the gravy looks weird. So thank you! Thank you for being my partner in the kitchen and managing my cooking (Muaahhh).

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Thank you for always spending July 4th with me. Ice cream on the fourth with the person I love, always a great time! This was 2014 btw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago