How to Make a House a Home


I didn't realize the difference between a house and a home until recently. Before getting engaged, I always referred to my parents house as home, as well as every other house I lived in (For like school and stuff). But Marc got me thinking. Are the houses that I live away in, home? Not for a second! Living with people, and living with people that you love are two very different things. In one case you run from the bathroom to the hallway trying to avoid contact or trying to keep from disturbing anyone else. In the other case you barely close the bathroom door and you make all the noise in the world because you know the people at your home are there to love you, not just live with you. I never realized how much could go in to making a home. Since I still live at school, you would think I still only have one home. And that is far from the truth. Having Marc around is a whole other home for me. He provides support, stability, comfort, love, and all the other things you'd expect to feel when you're at home. Home doesn't even have to be a place honestly, it can be, but a person can be too. Does it ever amaze you that we choose a person? We choose them. We're not placed in their lives through bloodlines, but we specifically tell that person, "You are not related to me, I don't really know how this came to be, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Care to stick around?". Maybe I'm just being weird and thinking too deep into it, but it's an amazing thing to think someone chose you out of the millions and billions and trillions of people on this planet. All the fish in the sea and you chose me! It doesn't get any homier than that. I continue to look forward to each day we build our home together, and I can't wait to show people what kind of loving home we have created together.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. I can't wait to be with my home <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago