You Know Me


There are some things that you do as a friend/girlfriend that feel a whole lot different as a wife. It's like how you did things before, but they mean more than they already did. When Marc and I used to eat meals together, I was always so conscious about what Marc would think if I ate something weird, and now we're able to just be ourselves. If you know me, you know I am one of the clumsiest people out there. Before, anytime I would trip over nothing, or drop food on my shirt, I'd be super embarrassed (don't get me wrong, it's still embarrassing). But now, Marc knows that's kind of just me. A hot mess of a human. This seems like something odd to talk about, but a couple of days ago, I couldn't help but laugh at how well my husband knew me. We were walking around down town, and bumped into a girl who wasn't paying attention to us walking by. She ended up walking back into Marc. Immediately, Marc and I looked at each other and laughed. We knew exactly why we laughed. Marc's first words, "I can't even be mad, because that's something you would do," and boy was he right. That was my exact thought because I'm always in the way, or making something awkward. They say marriage teaches you patience, and my lord, it really does. You learn how to deal with a different person. Outside of marriage, doing things are different. When you're dating, you may do things that your partner finds to be weird, but they won't say anything. It can be something as dumb as folding a shirt. When you're married, you realize you want your shirt folded a certain way and want to tell your partner. You have a couple of options. Learn to love the new folding technique. Ask them to fold it the way you like it. Do it yourself. Or compromise. You'd be surprised how many things you end up compromising on. I guess that's marriage for ya. 

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Time to sleep but the game is good. Look on the ironing board. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago