Selfish


I'll be the first to admit, I am selfish of your time. When it comes to time, I want to spend it all on you. I know we were talking about love languages this morning, and we joked about mine being physical touch considering how much I love to cuddle, but quality time is my actual winner. This morning I did come in the room to wake you up so we could get moving. Once I actually came back up to the room and saw you laying down so peaceful, I realized I didn't want to ruin or leave that moment. I was hoping you'd say you were tired and just wanted to stay in for a little. You didn't, but in my head, I already decided we would relax for a bit. Between you working, me working, and random things going on throughout our weeks, we really don't get enough time together. At least not awake that is. So, when moments like this morning come by, I struggle with my selfishness. It was interesting learning about your strongest love language. I agree with you, you can argue for them all. But your "if I had to chose" is definitely something I've caught on to. Good ol' acts of service. And Sara wonders why I try to make it a point to cook every day (well, most days). This is why. I know you enjoy when people think about things, and do them with purpose. I know how much you looked forward to taking home cooked lunches to work, which is why I get up every morning to prepare your breakfast and lunch, even if I have the chance to sleep in. Our love languages may be different, but they work. The more time we have together, the better we'll get at understanding our love languages. We got this!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Our love languages are probably in reverse order of each other's. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago