To Our Role Models


They say behind every man, is a strong female, and my mom has shown me exactly that growing up. They say a daughter knows her worth, based on her father, and he's taught me exactly that. On this day, 23 years ago, my parents decided to run away and get married. Little did they know they'd become such a big part of their oldest daughter's marriage. When I think of how to be a wife for Marc, I always try to think of what my mom would do. She's always been the great support for our family. If you know my dad, you know there is no such thing as being loved "too much". As Marc wrapped his arms around me, cuddling me with his extreme body heat today right after eating, I couldn't help but think, "Yupp, this is my best friend! He's definitely the one!" Only a husband of mine would do something as annoying to me as I would to him. I'm not sure if my mom actually enjoys being hugged when she's super hot, but there is a slight joy that comes from it (don't get ahead of yourself babe, it's still too hot to be cuddling). But what that really hot hug represents, is a great love. It's like my sticky sweatiness doesn't even matter to you, even though it does to me. You love me so much, that you love to annoy me in a way that makes me appreciate you more than ever. I'm gonna take a guess and say that's how you feel mama? Not only can I see us in my parents, but we really do have some great role models in them. 23 years, and stronger than ever! When the going got tough, they made it. It shows me, so can we. We got this babe. Eventually we'll pass those 23 years that my parents have reached today, and hopefully at that point be role models for our children. Thank you for loving me the way my parents always expected my husband to!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. These pictures are both of us couples on our wedding days <3 #RunAwayCouples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago