Makes Us That Much Stronger

I've written a lot about struggling lately, and people are probably wondering why? Why add something so negative to such a positive idea? And you would think it does sound negative, but when you look at it the way I'm trying to, you'll see it's not. When you get into an argument with someone, it's because you have some sort of opposing views. And how do you resolve these issues? You either come to a mutual understanding that you're either just too different, or one of you sees what the other person sees after finally giving them the chance to explain why they feel the way they do. Both of those results meant you worked towards a better result. You didn't just walk away (something I struggle with). It's hard to face reality when you want so much to be right all the time. It's important to see the differences as not someone being right or wrong all the time, and instead to respect the opinions of another person, listen to what they're saying, and learning from them (a lot easier said than done). You may feel weakened and vulnerable, but hell with what society says about what those two things mean, because when you are able to overcome something, it makes you 200x stronger than the person who had it easy from the start. It's like how Marc explains his work ethic. He works so hard for everything he has, seriously, the hardest working, most dedicated person I've ever met. People look to see what he has, and they think it comes easy or what he has was handed to him. That's not the case at all! The effort he puts into everything has results, and people always want the great results without the work. Prior to our relationship, I had that naive mindset (and I'm still working on knowing when I need to work on myself). I wanted everything to be perfect, I wanted my grandparents relationship. I wanted their 50+years relationship from a relationship with someone whom I've only known for 8 years. Yeah, 8 years seems like a lot, but not when you aren't devoted solely to that person the whole time. The point is, the vulnerabilities that may look like weaknesses are the exact opposite. They're opportunities to strengthen yourself, in our case, gives us a chance to strengthen this relationship.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. I love you, and I'm working on becoming stronger for the both of us <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago