How to Love

When you say I didn't know how to love before you, you aren't kidding. It's always easiest to just run from issues, something that I became so use to. You've challenged me to work through the issues, and I need to express my appreciation for the patience that you've given me, especially because you have the least amount of patience out of pretty much anyone I know. Trying to learn what someone else needs is hard when you've only ever thought about yourself for so long. I know we're young, but 21 years is definitely enough time to form bad habits. Something we've definitely both improved on during our time together is forgiveness and realizing things can't always go our way. We have to know when to fight for what we need, and when to sacrifice the things we don't. That can be tricky at times when you feel like something you want is what you need, and you can't see it until the other one points it out. I know my bad habits now because of you, and instead of feeling flawed, I'm working on becoming stronger and enabling myself to overcome those habits. Every argument or discussion we have do not go wasted, because we both always take something out of it. Maybe they're different things, but we're still learning, and that's what matters. This weekend with you may have been quick, but as any time I spend with you, I've learned a lot and could not be any sadder to see you go back home without me.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. We're still learning. I love you! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago